Evaluating your performance after an interview will help you plan well for a future one. So how do you evaluate yourself? Consider an important interview you’ve had and then evaluate your performance using this simple guideline.
- List three things which made your interview a success.
- a) List three things about your interview that if given another chance you would change
- b) For all of the three items, explain what you’re going to do to perform better for the next interview.
- Were some of the employer’s or interviewer’s questions tricky to answer? And what were they? How would you answer if asked for a second time?
- What qualifications and qualities was the interviewer looking for? If given a second chance, how can you better present these skills?
- What other information do you need so as to decide if you would accept the offer?
- What do you like and dislike about this organization? (Consider using diagram or any form of presentation to compare and rate the organizations with which you’ve interviewed).